And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief:
Twitter. Social networking. Blogging on crack. Call it what you will… it is addicting.
And interesting. Because you’ve got to make it FIT in 140 characters or less. Including the characters for who you are sending the post to. Which means if you have a LONG Twitter name, you’re cutting into what I can say (you know who you are @shameonyoko and @randyparker).
Here’s his answer:
“I got some steaks at a gift exchange.”
- Filet mignon topped with herbed butter and crumbled bleu cheese
- Elk bratwurst (recently harvested and processed)
- Bacon-wrapped green beans
- Mashed potatoes
- Hand-dipped garlic bread
- Marinate filets in a homemade vinaigrette for at least one hour. For extra flavor, add lots of fresh pressed garlic and brown sugar to the vinaigrette.
- After marinating, wrap filets in bacon. Secure bacon with kitchen twine.
- Season with fresh cracked pepper and kosher salt.
- Sear steaks over wood grill. Sear for 1-2 minutes, then rotate 90 degrees and sear for another 1-2 minutes. Flip steaks and repeat on the other side.
- Move steaks to cooler area of grill. Cover grill and cook until medium rare (10-12 minutes).
- Top with herbed butter (see below) and crumbled bleu cheese.
- Soften 1 stick of butter
- Add 4-8 tsp. fresh minced chives.
- Add 2-4 cloves crushed garlic.
- Add fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Mix and spoon onto plastic wrap.
- Roll into tube and freeze.
- Blanch fresh green beans for 2-3 minutes.
- Plunge beans in ice bath to cool.
- Toss beans in olive oil, fresh pressed garlic, fresh cracked pepper, and kosher salt.
- Make bundles of 5-7 beans. Wrap bundles in bacon.
- But bean bundles on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, or until bacon is cooked.
- Melt 1-2 sticks of butter. Add 6-8 fresh garlic, crushed.
- Halve a sourdough baguette horizontally.
- Place on grill to brown.
- Remove bread from grill and slice.
- Dip slices of bread into garlic butter.
“If there were no rocks in the river, the river couldn’t sing.”
HT: Normal Rockstar via his grandad
Our house was decorated (inside) for Christmas before Thanksgiving. We started listening to Christmas music right after Halloween.
This is my second day sick in bed. Want to know how I feel?
Women have no idea…