I stumbled across this blog while I was reading another blog (can’t remember who…)
You know you are not leading when…
- You wait for someone to tell you what to do rather than taking the initiative yourself.
- You spend too much time talking about how things should be different.
- You blame the context, surroundings, or other people for your current situation.
- You seek consensus, rather than casting vision for a preferable future.
- You aren’t taking any significant risks.
- You accept status quo as the way it’s always been and always will be.
- You procrastinate to avoid making a tough call.
- You talk to others about the problem rather than taking it to the person responsible.
- You don’t feel like your butt is on the line for anything significant.
- You ask for way too many opinions before taking action.
Read the entire article HERE.