I’ve just been tagged by my buddy Rich Kirkpatrick (who was tagged by one of my favorite bloggers, Mark Waltz). I have been secretly been wanting to be tagged… I’ve been sitting here like Rudy, just waiting to get into the game.
So here goes (and I am just going to say that you can insert “The Bible’ for every question except the “never written” one)…
- One book that changed your life: Be the Leader You were Meant to Be, by LeRoy Eims. This was the first leadership book I was ever introduced to (when I was in high school). Also, If Only He Knew, by Gary Smalley.
- One book that you’ve read more than once: The Winning Attitude, by John Maxwell. I can – and have – read anything more than once by Tom Clancy, Michael Crichton, John Grisham, and Louis Lamour.
- One book that you’d want on a desert island: How to Survive Anything, Anywhere, by Chris McNab. I thought this sounded like a practical book to have there.
- One book that made you laugh: Letters from a Nut, by Ted L. Nancy. If you have not read this book, go out right now and buy it and read it. Make sure you are wearing adult diapers – you’re gonna need them.
- One book that made you cry: The Sacred Romance, by Brent Curtis and John Eldredge. Also, Where the Red Fern Grows gets me every time.
- One book that you wish had been written: The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, (or anything else) by Patrick Lencioni.
- One book you wish had never been written:
- One book you are currently reading: I just finished The Greatest Game Ever Played, by Mark Frost, and have moved on to Jurassic Park, by Michael Crichton.
- One book you’ve been meaning to read: Leadership, by Rudy Giuliani.
OK -so that’s my current thoughts on what I’ve been reading. So who to tag next?