The Creativity Portal has a great tool called the Imagination Prompt Generator. Click the button and get a question to start you thinking – and (hopefully) writing. Here’s a random sample of some of the questions I came across.
- One thing I want to accomplish TODAY is…
- 10 things I’d like to learn
- Name three things you are grateful for.
- If I were going to be stranded on a desert island, what 10 items would I want in my pockets?
- What do you sense you’re supposed to do before your life is over?
Also, if you are a songwriter, Mark Lee of Third Day has a great series of articles on his blog, This Guy Falls Down, about songwriting. The first is, “21 Songwriting Hacks Introduced.” You can find the rest here: Hack 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11.